The problem occurs on some Z10 (STL 100-3) and Q10 (SQN 100-3) devices running leaks of the Blackberry 10.3.1 and some on 10.2.1. Though data doesn’t wipe off on 10.2.1, you’ll see the blue light and the initial setup and configuration wizard won’t come up. After the Blackberry 10.3.1 was released officially, the problem still persists on Q10 SQN 100-3, while it does not affect SQN 100-5.
How To FIX The Blue Led and Data Wipe
- Remove password from your device.
- Connect the BlackBerry 10 device to the computer.
- Wait for the device to be detected by the computer and for Windows to complete the driver installation.
- Double-click the BlackBerryFix.zip file to open the ZIP file, and extract or open the BlackBerryFix.exe file to run the tool.
- When the BlackBerry Fix window displays, confirm that the PIN number for the BlackBerry 10 device is displayed and click Fix this phone.
- Remove Password from your Blackberry 10 device
- Double-click the BlackBerryFix.zip file to open the ZIP file, then save the BlackBerryFixMac file to the desktop.
- Open Terminal
- Navigate to desktop by typing cd Desktop and press enter
- Connect the device to the computer
- Run the utility by typing ./BlackBerryFixMac and press enter