If you’ve been wondering how to change Android IMEI, its good to know that it is never something hard once you have all the tools required (a few though). But I’ll like to let you know that this post is aimed at MTK devices cos of its ability to tweak your device as you want it. But that’s only for those who know what they’re doing. So with this post, you can’t go wrong. your PC does it for you 🙂 . You can change your IMEI straight from your device or with a computer as long as the device is rooted.
- MTK Droid Tools
- ADB Drivers
- ROOT. You must have rooted your device cos the MTK Droid Tools need access to the root shell of your device.
After you must have rooted your device, and installed the ADB drivers on your computer, you’re good to go. If you haven’t rooted your device, you may download iRoot (formerly vRoot) to your PC and it will do the job for you.
- Launch MTK Droid Tools
- Connect your android device
- The tools may seek root access to your phone. Check your phone screen and allow grant access from the Super User management tool you have installed.
- If you have access to the root shell, you’ll see the green light below the tool.
- Click IMEI/NVRAM
NOTE that it is advisable to backup the NVRAM before proceeding, so you can easily restore if need be.
- Enter the new IMEI in the spaces available. But you need to ensure its a working IMEI.
- Click Replace when you’re done.
- Reboot the device.
Check your IMEI by dialing *#06# .
If you’re in Nigeria, with this you may change your IMEI to that of a Blackberry so you can use Glo BIS on your Android Device . Check out the post on using Glo BIS on android here on this blog.