For those who would love to change Android IMEI for one reason or the other and have been having issues or difficulties using the previous methods which require a PC, ROOT, and other requirements, this tutorial covers how to get that done straight from your device.
- IMEI Generator (using Blackberry IMEI generator) – download here
- MTK Engineering Mode – download here
- IMEI Analyzer – download here
BEFORE YOU PROCEED: Please take a minute to backup your original IMEI. If your device is rooted, you can backup your IMEI with MTK Droid Tools or Mobile Uncle Tools. But if you don’t have root, simply write down and keep the Original IMEI somewhere safe. It is not compulsory to have root as you only need that to backup your IMEI.
- Launch the IMEI Generator
- Click Generate BB IMEI
- Copy the generated IMEI
- Launch the IMEI Analyzer and paste the IMEI you generated above in the field provided.
- Click Analyze to check the status of the IMEI.
- Dial *#*#3646633#*#* to enter Engineering Mode. (Skip this if you downloaded the Engineering Mode shortcut app)
- Click MTK Settings (this won’t be shown if you entered with the code above)
- Swipe right, and under the Connectivity tab, choose CDS Information
- Under CDS, Click Radio Information
- To change the IMEI for SIM 1, choose Phone 1. And for SIM 2, Choose Phone 2.
So, If you’re changing IMEI for SIM2, you’ll select Phone 2 under Radio Information, and then enter the command as AT +EGMR=1,10,”NEW IMEI”
NOTE: There must be a SPACE immediately after AT before +. So the command should be AT +EGMR=…….
If you encounter any problem or difficulty, feel free to ask via the comment section.