If i’m right, you’re probably looking for a way to get your IMEI back permanently because each time you write your IMEI with tools like MTK Droid Tools or Mobile Uncle, you lose the IMEI on each factory reset or ROM Flash. This is one hot post for you. While flashing a new ROM on my device, I had mistakenly flashed the NVRAM, but I’m now with my stock IMEI just like it was. And I don’t need to worry about resetting my device or flashing a new ROM.
How To Restore IMEI and Fix Invalid IMEI Permanently
- Maui Meta 3G ( I used MAUI META 3G Version 7)
- GADGET CDC DRIVER
- DATABASE FILE for your phone (You can get this in your ROM package) ,
- Have USB Debugging enabled on your phone.
- Turn off your device.
- Launch Maui Meta 3G
- Click on options and select connect with phone in meta mode.
- On the top right area of the screen, click on RECONNECT.
- While your phone is OFF, connect it to your PC with your cable. Your phone will boot and get stuck on the Boot logo. It’s safe, don’t worry 🙂 . You’re in the Meta mode.
- If you have installed your ANDROID GADGET CDC DRIVERS, it will be installed once you connect your device to the computer. If you didn’t notice anything or you get any error, don’t worry. Read how to install Gadget CDC / VCOM drivers here
- After you’ve completed the step above, disconnect your phone, remove the battery and start again. This time around, when you get to step above, the driver will be installed and your phone will be detected, though it might be on a different port, that doesn’t mean anything.
NOTE that if the driver was just installed, you need to restart the process. Cos your phone will only be detected when the driver had been installed initially.
- A popup will come up showing the state of your phone. Close it. It’s safe too 🙂 .
- Click the drop down menu and select IMEI DOWNLOAD.
- Click CHANGE NVRAM and select the database file for your phone. You can find this in the ROM package of your phone if you’ve downloaded one.
- Once you’ve loaded the NVRAM database file, click on whichever SIM you wish to change and in the space for IMEI, enter the correct IMEI for your phone.
- Click DOWNLOAD TO FLASH.
- Repeat the same for the second SIM_2. Then close the Maui Meta tool and disconnect your device.
- Remove and reinsert the battery and turn on your device.