Have you ever thought of controlling your computer from a distance and at the same time holding your phone? How does it feel working on your phone and at the same time, your computer? You would do away with your phone, lean forward a bit, them do whatever it is on the computer, then lean back and continue with your phone. I’m sure you do that a lot while watching videos. Play, pause, fast forward, reverse….. Whew! that’s something in this age.
Ok ok. You want to control your PC with your phone, but your phone doesn’t have Infra red just like a standard remote control. It is no news that there are apps which utilize the Bluetooth or Wi-Fi facilities on both devices, thus allowing you to transmit or control both devices by and from one another. Most of these apps are paid and free ones are limited as usual. locking out the most useful functions to the pro version. But there’s this free app that has been doing the job well for me for a while now.
- Bluetooth or Wi-Fi
- Java has to be installed on the computer.
- The Server which is the Client for the computer. This has to be installed on the computer. Download here
- The mobile app. Install here
- Click on the button at the bottom left corner and select any of the paired computers available.
- If you’re connected, you’ll get the green feedback
- Click any of the functions you would like to use. As you can see in the image, you can use the app to control the cursor, navigate to files and folders, control media players and also, PowerPoint Presentations. In the image below, i used the Mouse pad. And just like a normal mouse / track-pad, it has both the Left and the Right click buttons.