The update is meant to improve user experience, fix some issues and also add some new functions. Below are some of what you would get when you update your Infinix Zero:
- Update to Pre-loaded apps
- Lockscreren Wallpaper feature
- Improved camera effect
- Removed SD shared storage
- Translation issues
Updating Android system is not a hard thing to do as long as you have an internet connection to download the update. In this case, the update is 77 MB in size. And you have to download it once or else the package gets corrupt. Most users have been finding it a bit hard to update their system as the download doesn’t seem to respond after a while. For example, after clicking on Download, and your network drops, and as a result, the download fails, you might not be able to resume / restart the download. each time you try this, you’ll get the message that You have a downloading task.
- Launch the file manager and delete the file Update.zip and the folder system_updates.
- Go to Settings > Date & time > Automatic date & time and disable automatic date and time. Select Off.
- Now set the date to 3 or more days ahead of the last date you started the update download. For example, if you clicked to download the update on the 26th of November, set the date to 29th or more.
- Go back to the system update menu and check for updates. Then re-download the update. You can check the download progress on the notification drop down.
- Once the download is complete, Click to upgrade
- You’ll get the prompt to install the system update package. Click Ok
Your device will now be reboot into Recovery Mode to install the update and optimize your Android OS. After the update, reset your time to automatic.