WhatsApp, the free messaging app now, is not just a messaging app anymore. In addition to the messaging features which it offers, WhatsApp can also be used as a Search Engine.
Now if you’re wondering how it can be used and how you’ll get results for your search queries on the User Interface, this feature only works as a mini search engine. It uses Wikipedia Channel.
How to use Search Queries on WhatsApp
- Save this number +918148911230 on your phone as Wikipedia.
- Launch the WhatsApp application, open the menu and create a New Group.
- Add only the Wikipedia contact you saved in step 1 as the only participant.
- To search, go to the group you created and type Wiki, leave a space, and enter your search query. For example Wiki NGBrain.
- Now when you get the search results, you can search further by typing the number of the result you choose. Like in our snapshot above, we entered 1 to choose the first result.
There you have it. What would you like to search for? With this feature, I can search for terms and get a simple result unlike on Google where you might get loads of unrelated results on the first page. Let’s say I want a definition of a term, I just type it and get what the simple meaning. Why not try this out?
And if you’re wondering what I’m looking for about Inter Milan, that’s my favourite Football Club. *Winks*